Registration To Play For Waimea Junior Rugby Club 2018
Hi all existing Waimea Junior Rugby Players
Happy New Year to you all! Hope you all had a great Christmas and New year and are looking forward to another great year of Rugby.
Sounds very early to be talking rugby I know, but Registration dates are upon us!
Over the next few days you will receive and email from “Waimea Old Boys Rugby Club (Junior)” with the Subject “invitation to register with Waimea Rugby Club (Junior).
This is your own individual registration form that you will need to edit and submit to register to play for Waimea for the 2017 season. There is a CLICK HERE at the very bottom of the email that you will need to click on to do this.
Please make sure you change the AGE Group as this will change up a grade and please make sure you have the school attending filled out.
You will still need to come to the club rooms on either Wednesday 1st or Thursday 2nd March 6 – 7:30pm to pay the registration fees.
$100 Under 14 & Under 15
$80 Under 10 years and up
$65 Under 6 – Under 9 years
$50 for siblings
There will also be some merchandise available on the nights as well.
We are looking forward to another fun and exciting year ahead, we already have a few fun things penciled in – make sure you like our Facebook page to keep up to date with events etc. There will be some giveaways again soon too so make sure you share the page as well
We are having SKY TV installed in the Club rooms today so there will be some great opportunities to watch some Footy on the big screen at the Club rooms as well – great for the Friday night games.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Waimea Old Boys Rugby Club
027 544 4718
Waimea Old Boys Junior Advisory Board
JAB Code Of Conduct
- Play for enjoyment.
- Play hard but fair
- Play by the laws of the game.
- Be committed to your team, attend all practices and matches.
- Never argue with the referees decision
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team
- Be a good sport, applaud all good play whether by your team or by your
- Remember the goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel
- Co-operate with your coach, team mates and opponents, for without them you
- Be proud of your club and ensure you are in correct club uniform
- No swearing
COACHES and MANAGERS
- Positively reinforce the actions of players
- Lead by example
- Be honest with yourself and players
- Create an enjoyable environment in which to play the game
- Insist on fair play and discipline
- Be reasonable on the demand on players time energy and enthusiasm
- Encourage sportsmanship
- No swearing
- Ensure that all players are given an opportunity to play
- Never ridicule a player for making a mistake
- Develop team respect for referees
- Remember children play for fun and enjoyment and that winning is only part of
- Coaches and managers must attend coaching and safety courses provided
- Enjoy coaching and have fun
PARENTS and SPECTATORS
- Applaud the performance of both teams
- Be positive with referees. Do not publicly question referees judgement or honesty
- Let the children play the game, not your game
- Praise efforts as well as results
- Recognise the importance of volunteer coaches. They give up their time to
- Set an example for the players
- No swearing
JAB Ethics and Values
Waimea JAB Rugby
At Waimea Junior Rugby we have approx 310 children across various ages from 5 years up to 15 years.
We are one of the biggest Junior Rugby Clubs in the Nelson/Tasman region.
With our quality coaching, these youngsters move up the grades and with good training and discipline can go on to represent the Waimea Old Boys Club in the provincial teams
We are a Club that believes in helping support the local community also. We have various events throughout the rugby season to promote our Club and its teams, their sponsors, and to put back into the community.
Ethics and Values
The Waimea Old Boys Rugby Club are committed to fulfilling and upholding the following values and standards:
* To play to win but to play to enjoy.
* To aspire to be the very best rugby club we can.
* To play as one Club and to foster team spirit across ALL teams.
* To help all players achieve their full potential regardless of age, standard or ability.
* To provide the very highest standards of coaching and support that we can.
* To foster an environment based on friendship, trust, transparency and respect.
* To create Ambassadors of the club and role models for the game of rugby
* To promote equal access and opportunity for all.
To promote and develop the game of rugby within the community in order to encourage maximum participation and enjoyment at all levels.
We teach the following values through rugby:
Developing honesty, loyalty and trust.
Respect for yourself, your team-mates, your coaches, your opposition and officials.
Attitude and Effort
Value positive attitude and effort from, our players, our coaches, our supporters and our friends.
Coaches and players to engage with each other, in a positive and fun environment.
Club to engage with the local community, to show positive aspects of rugby.